It’s been a rough week so far at The Basement Office (actually it’s a rough week outside The Basement Office). I thought I’d focus on the good parts of yesterday in my writing.
Despite being tired, frustrated and stressed, I decided to sit down and put some words on the screen. I told myself the number wasn’t significant so much as the effort.
I managed 1500 words. It may not seem like a lot, but it’s a major victory this week.
I put down a solid start to this week’s Prompt and Response. I should easily have the promised 1000 words for sunday. I believe I’ll have a lot more than 1000 words if I manage to finish the story.
I jotted down a few words for the third installment of The Expensive Universal Instrument. I’m trying to make this bit a little more meaty than the first two. I began writing this for 750words.com, hence the tiny word count of the pieces, but now that the story is starting to take shape in my head I’d like to make each part a little bigger. I should have it up by the end of the week as well.
I’m noticing a lot of interest in A Meteor Screams Across The Sky. I looked at it again last night and I think I may revise it a little and give it some polish.
I’ve also started putting notes together for my finished first draft of Revenant, the current manuscript I’m working on and trying to get into shape to send out. I wrote this for NaNoWriMo in 2006 and it ended up having a lot more potential as a story than I expected. It needs a good rewrite into a second draft and I need to flesh out the ending quite a bit. There’s a lot fo work to do there and I think I’m finally ready to do it.
It’s funny, when looking at all of this, perhaps I should get tired and frustrated more often. Working through the bad really led to a lot of good.
(I would be remiss if I did not thank my wonderful wife who’s been a tireless supporter of my writing efforts, despite overwhelming odds…thank you honey!)